Who Can Apply:
- A one-time $5,000 award given to one student who is pursuing undergraduate or graduate study in music.
- The concentrated area of music study may include performance, composition, theory, or education.
- Applicants must be accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited university or college in the United States and a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent GPA on the scale used by the institution is required.
- Applicants will write a personal statement describing their humanitarian or volunteer contributions on behalf of their community and/or country. In recognition of the city Marian Anderson called home, preference will be given to students from the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metropolitan area.
- This scholarship is not automatically renewed. However, recipients may reapply for consideration each year for up to four consecutive years.
- This scholarship is funded through the DAR-Marian Anderson Legacy Fund.
Deadline: January 31, 2024
Learn More: https://dar.academicworks.com/opportunities/644