Who Can Apply:
- The David Staenberg Scholarship, formerly known as the Smile Out Loud Foundation Scholarship was established by David Staenberg in 2015 to support post-secondary education for students with dyslexia. David is dyslexic himself and his Smile Out Loud Foundation works to raise awareness of dyslexia. He believes in changing the world one Smile at a time.
- Applicants must be a current graduating senior of a public or private high school in Lancaster County in Nebraska; plan to attend any accredited two-year or four-year university or college; and must demonstrate a confirmed condition of dyslexia.
1. High school transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable).
2. If Online Application: One (1) reference’s e-mail address. References will be notified to fill out an online form. Reference must be from a school teacher, counselor or administrator, or a physician that confirms the applicant’s dyslexia condition.. If Hard Copy Applications: One (1) letter of recommendation from a school teacher, counselor or administrator, or a physician that confirms the applicant’s dyslexia condition.
3. Essay: Describe how dyslexia has affected your studies and how it influences your future educational, occupational, and personal goals. Your essay should be no more than 500 words.
Deadline: March 15, 2024
Learn More: https://lcf.academicworks.com/opportunities/1690