Who Can Apply: The Diane M. Gerard Scholarship Fund honors Diane’s strong public spirit as a citizen of Redding and Shasta County. She was sought-after for her even-keeled ability to think critically and problem-solve with balance and equity. As it was Diane’s earnest pleasure to serve others, she devoted much of her life to active civic work and served on several organizational boards of directors. The scholarship is open to all majors, with priority given to students majoring in Liberal Studies, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Education.
- Current high school seniors or current college students (priority to college sophomores, juniors, seniors, and/or students entering their teaching credential year)
- Must have attended a public high school in Shasta County or Shasta College
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Student may attend a two- or four-year not-for-profit college in the coming year
- Open to all majors, but priority to students majoring in Liberal Studies, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Education
- Must demonstrate financial need by an EFC of $5,500 or less as indicated on their Student Aid Report (verification required)
Deadline: March 9, 2022