Who Can Apply: The late Dolores Saxton Walker was a successful entrepreneur who worked diligently on behalf of the mission of ChicagoMSDC. She understood the importance of developing future entrepreneurs by supporting students with the potential to join the entrepreneurial ranks. MBEIC established the Dolores Saxton-Walker Scholarship Fund in honor of her commitment to developing future minority business and government leaders.
This Scholarship will be awarded to (6) high schools seniors to be an entrepreneur or seeking a business major at a recognized college or university and have a grade point average of 3.5 or better. Finalists will be contacted and invited to attend a mandatory interview and special luncheon. This scholarship is sponsored by the Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council.
- Must be a minority student
- Have a minimum 3.5 weighted cumulative GPA
- The applicant must be pursuing a career in business or business-related career
- Must participate in an interview if selected as a finalist.
- High School Transcript
- Your current resume
- Your FAFSA Student Aid Report
- One (1) or more letters of recommendation provided by a school counselors and/or teacher
- Proof of plans to enroll at a regionally accredited college or university in the fall of 2023
Deadline: February 24, 2023
Learn More: https://cps.academicworks.com/opportunities/6697