Who Can Apply:
1. The recipient must be enrolled in good standing as a full-time student at EIU.
2. The recipient must have completed at least sixty (60) credit hours towards a bachelor’s degree with at least fifteen (15) of these hours completed at EIU.
3. The recipient must have achieved a 3.0 (“B”) grade point average based on all coursework completed.
4. The recipient must be participating in a “short-term” (typically 10-30 days) faculty-led study abroad program.
5. This award is to go to a student who has never previously traveled outside of the USA, Mexico, and Canada.
6. Financial need may be a consideration at the discretion of the selection committee.
7. All applicants must submit a written statement explaining how this award will assist them in achieving their personal goals; in addition all applicants must provide three letters of reference with at least two coming from Eastern Illinois University faculty members from whom the recipient has taken at least one class (letters of recommendation must be received by the application deadline)
8. Recipients may receive this award only once and are not eligible to be considered for a second award.
- Please submit a written statement explaining how this award will assist you in achieving your personal goals.
- Please upload a current resume with career objectives, professional experiences, and leadership roles.
- Three letters of reference attesting to your academic promise. Please provide the name and email address of each person who will provide a letter on your behalf.
- Please provide the name and email address of the 1st person to provide a letter of recommendation.
- Please provide the name and email address of the 2nd person to provide a letter of recommendation.
- Please provide the name and email address of the 3rd person to provide a letter of recommendation.
Deadline: February 11, 2023
Learn More: https://eiu.academicworks.com/opportunities/13687