Who Can Apply:
- Dr. Moore is an educator, entrepreneur, and inspiring philanthropist. She served 25 years in Child Welfare employed with New York City Administration for Children’s Services and is currently an Adjunct Professor for undergraduate candidates in Bachelor’s in Social Work (BSW), Master’s in Social Work (MSW), and Chair for Ph.D. and Doctoral of Social Work (DSW).
- “Education is Bling: The Moore the Blingyer,” LLC was formed in November 2021 by Dr. Moore. The company intends to highlight the importance of pursuing an education, developing marketable skills, gaining a knowledge base and earning a decent living far beyond the minimum wage.
- In August 2010, Dr. Moore also formed a sole proprietorship, “Paula Lazette Moore (PLM) Consultant,” which involved organizational research and program development. This led to the current role of the director responsible for monitoring and overseeing the performance of a federally funded HIV prevention grant for at-risk youth ages 13-25.
- To work in the social work field, you must have a heart for service. It’s a profession that genuinely takes an extraordinary person with a good heart and a love for helping people. Social workers and human service professionals commit their lives to ease the pain of others, allowing them to grow and better themselves. This unsung profession takes courage.
- This scholarship will support the education of Black Ingenious People of Color (BIPOC) undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a career in social work or human services.
Submission: To apply, you must be of an underrepresented racial minority and actively pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree in social work or human services. In your application, write about your long-term career goals, how you support your community, and your vision to impact social change.
Deadline: June 15, 2022