Who Can Apply:
The applicant must:
- Be a:
- 1st or 2nd year Internal Medicine, Pathology, Radiology, or Pediatrics Resident;
- 3rd year Internal Medicine, Pathology, Radiology, or Pediatrics resident who will be completing a PGY4 as Chief Medical Resident before entering fellowship; or
- 1st through 4th year Surgical Resident
- Be interested in choosing adult or pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, hepatopathology, surgery or GI radiology with an emphasis on hepatobiliary imaging as their career focus.
- Have a mentor who is active in hepatology and who is an AASLD member in good standing
2. Mentor & Application Limits
- Each mentor may support up to two applicants per year.
- Two mentors may act as co-mentors for one ELS applicant, if appropriate.
- There is no limit to the number of applications that will be accepted per institution, but only one candidate may be selected per distinct residency program at a single institution (i.e., one resident from the internal medicine program and one from the pediatric program at the same institution may be selected, but two internal medicine residents at the same institution will not be selected in the same program year, even if they are in different PG years).
- Past Emerging Liver Scholars are not eligible. Candidates that have previously applied and were not selected are strongly encouraged to re-apply if they continue to meet eligibility criteria.
- Use page 2 of the RFA as your cover page. Type responses.
- Include only the required documents and provide signatures as requested.
- Include a header at the upper right corner of each page with your name (last name, first name) and award name.
- Use half-inch margins. Do not use lettering smaller than 10 point.
- Adhere to page limits and complete all sections. Applications that do not meet the requirements, in content or format, will not be reviewed.
Deadline: April 17, 2023