Who Can Apply:
- Eric Maurice Brandon was a devoted father, brother and friend who passed away too soon on New Year’s Day 2023. He was returning home from an overnight shift as a Licensed Practical Nurse providing in-home care for his young patient when he was involved in a terrible car accident that flipped his truck into a nearby creek.
- Eric began his healthcare career as a Respiratory Therapy Technician before becoming a Nurse. He served in the Army Reserve and subsequently joined the Army where he provided nursing care during Operation Desert Shield, Operation Desert Storm, the Persian Gulf War, and the Iraqi Campaign.
- One of Eric’s most rewarding, yet challenging, positions was caring for our nation’s heros in the Burn Intensive Care Unit at the Army’s flagship medical institution, Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Eric retired from the military in 2009 but continued to care for children and youth who required tracheostomy care.
- This scholarship seeks to honor the memory of Eric by financially supporting nursing students so they can graduate and make a powerful impact to the field.
- Any underrepresented minority pursuing a career in nursing may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us why you are interested in pursuing nursing.
Deadline: July 14, 2024