Who Can Apply:
- The Eugene C. Figg, Jr. Civil Engineering Scholarship may be presented annually to 1 undergraduate civil engineering student who will use the scholarship for their junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of a worthy student interested in bridge design and construction.
- Any currently enrolled junior or senior civil engineering student in an ABET-accredited program who will be registered as an undergraduate in fall term of the year of award, is a United States citizen, is a Student Member of the Society in good standing at the time of application and award, and has a passion for bridges may apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarships may be awarded only to those students who will employ them to continue their formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
- Previous holders of these scholarships are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: Application must include (1) completed application form; (2) statement by the applicant addressing his/her interest in bridge design or construction; (3) detailed annual budget; (4) official transcript; (5) resume; and (6) minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member.
Deadline: February 10, 2022
Learn More: https://www.asce.org/career-growth/awards-and-honors/scholarships/eugene-c-figg-jr-civil-engineering-scholarship