Who Can Apply:
- Being the first in your family to attend college is an inspiring feat, often coming with its own unique challenges. First-generation students may not have the same guidance in navigating parts of the higher education system as other students, such as the application process, obtaining financial aid, and even what to expect in college itself.
- Financial constraints can also be a significant roadblock for such students, which may limit their choices, force them to balance jobs, family responsibilities, and school work all at once, and make the college experience much more stressful.
- Despite these struggles, first-generation college students have proven time and again to be extremely resilient, determined, and hard-working. They embody a spirit of ambition and perseverance as they work toward creating the future they want for themselves and their families.
- This scholarship aims to recognize and support exceptional students who are overcoming the barriers of being the first in their families to attend college.
- Any first-generation high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us why you’ve decided to pursue higher education and how you have prepared for this journey as a first-generation college student.
Deadline: December 1, 2023