Who Can Apply: The primary purpose of the Forever Friend Diana Lain Hughes Scholarship Fund is to provide annual scholarships to one or more graduating high school seniors or former graduates of the Shawnee Mission School District who demonstrate an interest in a career in teaching, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy or speech-language pathology.
- Who are graduating high school seniors from Shawnee Mission North High School who are interested in a career in a) Teaching, b) Nursing, c) Occupational Therapy, d) Physical Therapy, or e) Speech-Language Pathology, OR
- Who graduated from the Shawnee Mission School District who are in the undergraduate Teachers College of Emporia State University; OR
- Who graduated from the Shawnee Mission School District who are in the University of Kansas School of Health Sciences and will be entering their last year of their graduate degree program in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or Speech-Language Pathology.
- Please provide an example of how you have made a positive difference in someone’s life.
- Submit your college letter of acceptance.
- Please attach any financial aid award letters you have received.
- Attach your first of two (2) required letters of recommendation from school professionals (as examples, a teacher, counselor or coach).
- Attach your second of two (2) required letters of recommendation from a school professional.
Deadline: April 1, 2023