Who Can Apply:
- Frederick and Bernice Beretta were beloved parents.
- Frederick was a kind and gentle man, who spent his life helping and healing others as a physician in San Diego with Rees-Stealy Medical Clinic. Even into his 90s, Frederick continued to give comfort and medical advice to family, friends, and neighbors. He was an old-school physician, making house calls whenever needed, whatever the hour. He made nursing home and hospital rounds on the weekends, checking up on his patients’ welfare. He cared for his wife for fourteen years after she became disabled due to a stroke.
- Bernice was a loving woman who devoted her life to raising her sons. She was involved in scouting and PTA as they grew up and often had neighborhood kids over to the house. Many years later, those who she touched remember her for her kindness toward them, and for her homemade milkshakes. She continued to show kindness, humor, and affection even after suffering a debilitating stroke.
- This scholarship seeks to honor the memories of Frederick and Bernice Beretta, by supporting students who are trying to better themselves through education.
- Any high school, undergraduate, or trade school student in California who has financial need may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about something that interests you.
Deadline: June 17, 2024