Who Can Apply: The application is now open for the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants for the program must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full-time as a rising senior at any accredited public or private four-year historically black college or university (HBCU).
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale as verified through submission of a current transcript.
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
Submission: Applications must be submitted online and include all of the following:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members on how the applicant reflects the values espoused by Frederick Douglass.
- Responses to two (2) essay questions:
- In 500 words, please discuss your primary interests, career aspirations, what motivates you and how you intend to impact society. Share significant leadership experiences, community involvement and achievements to date.
- In 500-700 words, please discuss the impact Frederick Douglass had on society and how his legacy inspires you in today’s world.
Deadline: October 28, 2020