Who Can Apply:
- Frederick J. Salone, husband of Patricia Salone, was not an exceptional athlete.
- Instead, his passion for sports showed through his boys, Nick and Mike. Fred’s dedication to his two boys and the sports of wrestling and basketball was second to none. Fred was a man with little means but always found a way for his children to excel at the sports they were passionate about.
- When Mike’s friend, Marc Scotti lost his father in middle school, Fred was there to support him. Fred started booster clubs and attended school board meetings to help make necessary changes to be competitive.
- The Frederick J. Salone Memorial Scholarship will support a Pennsylvania high school wrestler who seeks to pursue further education after high school. This scholarship will provide extra resources for outstanding athletes who are preparing to take the next step in their education.
- High school seniors in Pennsylvania are eligible to apply if they are wrestlers.
Submission: To apply, write about how you have persevered through obstacles in your life and how wrestling has made an impact on your life. Include any awards or championships you have achieved. Also, include any future plans you have for education and career.
Deadline: June 15, 2023