Who Can Apply: Applicants for the program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Possess a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Be a permanent resident of North Carolina and a high school senior graduating from a public high school in Mecklenburg County, NC.
- Enroll in any U.S. located, accredited, four year college or university of the student’s choosing.
- Students may major in any discipline.
- Provide a letter of recommendation
- Include a 500-word personal statement responding to the following prompt: “Please discuss your future goals and aspirations, as well as why you will benefit from receiving the scholarship.”
- Submit a current transcript
- Provide a letter of admission and financial aid offer from the college or university that the student plans to attend
- Submit a copy of the student’s full (all pages) Student Aid Report from the FAFSA.
Deadline: June 30, 2022