Who Can Apply: The Torrey Nursing Scholarship Fund was created in honor of Shirley Torrey, a 1958 registered nurse graduate of the Northwestern Hospital School of Nursing in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The purpose of the fund is to assist and encourage junior, senior and 5th year post-secondary students pursuing a career in nursing.
- College Student
- From: CSB/SJU, SCSU
- Nursing Majors at College of Saint Benedict, Saint John’s University or Saint Cloud State University
- Planning to attend: 3rd – 4th year college student
- Application General Questions
- Essay: not to exceed 4,000 characters: Describe your career and educational goals and how you plan to achieve them.
- Statement of Need and Responsibility: Briefly share a personal, life, or family circumstance affecting your need for this scholarship.
- List of Activities for:1) Community Service i.e. civic and church volunteer activities 2) Extracurricular School Activities i.e. school activities that are not graded 3) Work Experience
- Electronic Transcript:College Students:Must obtain a transcript from the college registrar office and upload as a PDF.Unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they are from the registrar’s office.
Deadline: March 1, 2024