Who Can Apply:
- Gloria Stokes was a beloved grandmother who recently passed away.
- Gloria’s generosity allowed her family to achieve a higher education, and because of her giving nature, her grand daughter Jada, has created this scholarship to give back to others in her honor.
- In recognition of the stress that many low-income minority students face when trying to pay for college, this scholarship seeks to do good by making college more accessible and honoring the family values Gloria instilled.
- This scholarship aims to honor Gloria Stokes and her legacy by supporting low-income college students so their finances don’t hold them back from their dreams.
- Any low-income, African American high school senior or undergraduate student in Alabama may apply for this scholarship, but first-generation students are preferred.
Submission: To apply, tell us about an impactful moment in your life, whether it was a good or bad experience, and how it impacted you.
Deadline: May 25, 2023
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/gloria-stokes-memorial-scholarship/