Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship was established in memory of David T. Woolsey, an alumnus of California Polytechnic University and former principal in the firm of Woolsey, Miyabara and Associates. The award provides funds for educational or professional development purposes exclusively.
- The award is open to currently-enrolled third-, fourth-, or fifth-year undergraduate students or master’s students studying landscape architecture at Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB) accredited/candidacy programs in the United States. To be eligible, the applicant’s university must be within the Hawaii Chapter ASLA boundary* or the applicant’s permanent residence must be in Hawaii.
- Proof of Hawaii Residency
Upload a PDF or JPG copy of your Hawaii driver license or identification card, most recent federal tax return, or other proof of residency. This is only necessary for applicants who do not attend a university within the Hawaii Chapter ASLA boundary.
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
Provide the e-mail address for the recommender and instructions will be sent to them.
- Essay (2 page max)
Upload your original essay in PDF format. In 500 words or less, provide autobiographical information and state your personal and professional goals. The essay should be no more than two pages with margins of at least 1”, 10-point or larger font, and no images or graphics. Please include Applicant Name/Essay/Scholarship Name and page number on each page.
- Work Samples (3 page max)
Upload three 8.5”x11” work samples in one PDF document. Each should include explanatory text describing the project. If it was a group project, state this and describe your role. Please include Applicant Name/Work Samples/Scholarship Name and page number on each page.
Deadline: February 1, 2022