Who Can Apply:
- Military families embody resilience, strength, and unwavering support for their loved ones in uniform. There are many overlooked sacrifices they make that should be recognized and rewarded. Military families endure extended deployments, adjust to new environments, and face uncertainty on a frequent basis.
- The children of military families often adapt to new schools and environments, embodying the values of adaptability and perseverance, and experience the emotional toll of their loved one being deployed in dangerous situations.
- The Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship is a tribute to the extraordinary dedication and sacrifice of military families who stand alongside their loved ones in service to our country. Unfortunately, there are many struggles that military families endure while a parent or guardian serves in the armed forces.
- In recognition of the burden higher education can place on military families, this scholarship seeks to give back to these dedicated families to honor their sacrifices.
- Any high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student who is a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident and the child of at least one parent who has served in the U.S. military may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about your experience as the child of a military parent.
Deadline: April 1, 2024