Who Can Apply:
- The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to current residents or graduates of Hillcrest’s Youth Program who demonstrate a desire and an aptitude to pursue higher education.
- The students eligible for assistance shall be current residents or graduates of Hillcrest’s Youth Program who demonstrate a desire to pursue higher education, and have been accepted or are currently enrolled at a two-year or four-year college or university, a vocational/technical school or certificate program. There will not be a GPA requirement. In evaluating applicants, the student’s response to an essay question in the scholarship application inviting them to express personally why they are pursuing their education will be a determining factor.
- Describe an educational challenge you have faced and how you overcame it.
- Name of person who has impacted you most in your life and discuss what lessons you have learned from them.
- Express personally why you are pursuing your education.
- How has your life changed since the moment you started the Hillcrest Youth Program?
- How would this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
Deadline: October 1, 2024