Who Can Apply: The Howard E. and Wilma J. Adkins Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a full-time junior or senior level student pursuing a minimum four-year bachelor’s degree in welding engineering (WE) or welding engineering technology (WET); however, priority will be given to welding engineering (WE) students. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have completed enough academic credits to qualify for junior level status.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.20 grade point average in the engineering, scientific and technical subjects and 2.80 grade point average overall.
- No financial need is required to qualify.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
- Priority will be given to those individuals residing or attending school in the states of Wisconsin or Kentucky. (A resident is defined as having lived in the specific area for a minimum of one year.)
- Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of two years.
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Learn More: https://www.aws.org/foundation/page/howard-e-and-wilma-j-adkins-memorial-scholarship