Who Can Apply:
- Students with learning disabilities or having IEPs (Individualized Education Programs) can at times be underestimated but have the power to thrive in school with the right resources and support.
- Through hard work and perseverance, it’s possible for these students with learning disabilities to not only make it through school but to excel and go on to successful college or trade school careers.
- Justin saw this firsthand with his older brother who was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 3, navigated school with an IEP and just recently completed his 1st year of community college.
- Justin thought scholarship opportunities were limited for kids with learning disabilities and he was determined to do something to change that and help. This scholarship seeks to lower the financial barrier to higher education by supporting students with learning disabilities as they make the transition to college or a trade school.
- Any high school senior graduating in 2024 who has a learning disability and/or had an IEP in high school may apply for this scholarship if they will be attending a two or four-year college or trade school in the Fall of 2024.
Submission: To apply, tell us about the challenges you have faced with your IEP or learning disability, how you have overcome them, and what inspires you to continue pursuing education.
Deadline: February 1, 2024