Who Can Apply: The IPLAC Educational Foundation was organized by the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) for the purpose of funding and awarding scholarships to senior students who attend Chicago Public Schools high schools and will major in a science, engineering, or pre-law program in college. Three (3) or more one-time college scholarships are being considered by the IPLAC Educational Foundation. The scholarships for 2022 may be as much as $5,000 each and will be awarded directly to the selected students at the IPLAC Annual Dinner in May.
- Have a minimum 3.0 weighted or unweighted GPA
- Applicants must be Chicago public high school seniors.
- Applicants must plan to major in hard science, engineering or pre-law.
- The application MUST include high school transcript *and ACT and/or SAT scores OPTIONAL
- Personal Essay (250-word minimum) – we encourage you to use an essay that you prepared as part of your college application process.
- Community Service Hours – while not required, demonstrated community service activities should be included on your application because that information will be helpful during the selection process.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation – letter(s) of recommendation from counselors and teachers and coaches and employers are valuable and help our selection committee in the selection process. We strongly encourage you to consider including more than one letter of recommendation.
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Learn More: https://cps.academicworks.com/opportunities/6457