Who Can Apply:
- Sadly, the world lost 16-year old Jack “Fluxare” Hytner to a multi-year battle with osteosarcoma.
- Shortly after his birth in Los Angeles in the summer of 2005, it became apparent that Jack he was an old soul, preferring to sit and pontificate rather than play with toys.
- In his adolescent years, Jack spent his free time as an avid online gamer with a deep passion for eSports, an area in which he created great content and forged many friendships. To those who knew him, Jack was a great friend who demonstrated immense kindness and a quick wit.
- The last 3 years of his life were harder than anyone, let alone a child, should have to endure and yet Jack showed those that loved him what a true hero he was. His short life was not in vain. He made a difference and inspired all of us to be better humans. Our lives were made better by knowing him and he will live on in our hearts forever.
- To carry on Jack’s legacy, the Jack “Fluxare” Hytner Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to one high school senior or current undergraduate student. To be eligible, you must be studying or planning to study computer science or any field related to video game design and production. You must also be passionate about these fields and the way in which they can make the world a better and more connected place.
Submission: As part of applying, you can write an essay OR submit a video that answers the following short questions:
- 1a) What does “influence” mean to you?
- 1b) How do you influence those around you?
- 2) Describe a time where you have overcome adversity, or how you are currently dealing with a hardship.
- 3a) What field are you currently in or planning to go into?
- 3b) Why did you choose this field, and what are your goals within it?
- 4) What would receiving this scholarship mean to you?
Deadline: April 1, 2023