Who Can Apply:
- At the age of 21, Joseph Ford lost his life during a tragic motorcycle accident. He had an inquisitive mind and spent his childhood in his family garage working with his hands on various projects.
- After working a part time job at D.F. Richard Energy, his confidence grew and he realized his calling was in the trades. Upon graduating he began working as a full time technician with D.F. Richard Energy.
- This scholarship aims to honor his life by supporting students who possess similar attributes and aspirations as Joe did.
- New Hampshire high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in building, industrial, or mechanical trades are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, please answer all five questions below.
1. Which trade are you going to pursue after graduation
(examples: HVAC, plumbing, heating, automotive, electrical, welding, etc…)
2. Why are you interested in this particular trade?
3. A person entering the trades should be able to think outside the box, be creative, and problem solve. Give some specific examples of things you currently do or have recently done during your high school years that require these type of skills. (examples: working on engines, welding projects, building projects, etc…)
4. A great applicant is someone that truly wants to enter the trades after graduation and already has a plan to achieve their goal of a career in the trades. What is your plan and how far along are you in your plan? Please be specific as possible. (Do you have a job lined up? Have you talked to any potential employers? Have you researched schools or courses? Are you already signed up for classes/courses?)
5. If I were to call an adult in your life that knows you well, why would they recommend you to receive this scholarship?
Deadline: April 22, 2023