Who Can Apply:
- The John Lenard Civil Engineering Scholarship may be presented annually to not more than 2 undergraduate civil engineering students, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of worthy students whose studies are focused on water supply or environmental engineering.
- The applicant must be a student majoring in civil engineering in an ABET-accredited program.
- The applicant must be an ASCE Student Member in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to either water supply or environmental engineering.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: Complete applications are to be submitted to the ASCE Honors and Awards Program office for receipt by February 10 of the year of award. Application must include (1) completed application form; (2) detailed annual budget; (3) essay by the applicant: What can the civil engineering profession do to improve the environment, and what would the applicant do as a civil engineer to improve the environment; (4) official transcripts; (5) minimum of 2 sealed recommendation letters, one of which must be from a faculty member; and (6) 1-page resume.
Deadline: February 10, 2022