Who Can Apply:
- In 1968, Joseph Lipovits discovered that that flying small planes would become a lifelong passion. With Joseph, the sky was the limit. After one flight with a friend, he studied and pursued his private pilot’s license.
- Joseph became an avid flier, taking to the air most Saturday mornings for decades. A long-time member of the Experimental Aircraft Association, Joseph donated hundreds of ‘Young Eagles’ flight missions in his own plane to introduce children to the world of aviation. He was excited to share his ‘bug’ with them. Joseph’s flight knowledge, gentle spirit, and philanthropic nature were all greatly admired and highly regarded by his fellow EAA Chapter #1252 members and all that flew with him leaving impacts on many for years to come.
- In his leisure time, Joseph would take to the air with family members for vacations in Canada and Chautauqua, New York, along with trips to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, meeting others who had the same passion. He was an accomplished and well-respected pilot who finished his great flying career at the age of 83.
- This scholarship seeks to honor the life of Joseph Lipovits by supporting students who share his passion for aviation.
- Any high school, undergraduate, or graduate student who is pursuing aviation or flying may apply for this scholarship opportunity.
Submission: To apply, tell us why you’re interested in pursuing aviation, what you plan to do with your degree, and how you have been involved in your community.
Deadline: October 17, 2024