Who Can Apply:
- Kalia D. Davis was a beloved daughter who recently passed away on June 8, 2023, from a condition called Carotid artery dissection, occurring when there is a tear or separation in the layers of the carotid artery in the neck.
- Kalia was a high school athlete who ran track and cross country. She was also a straight-A student during high school and received a full ride to the University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana. She continued to strive and excel there while working as a front desk clerk in the dorms and serving on the executive board for the Black Student Union. She had recently planned to go to ROTC basic training and wanted to eventually join the military.
- Throughout Kalia’s young life, she had an impeccable work ethic and was a person of excellence, always doing her very best in every area of her life. She could be counted on by her peers for encouragement and a good laugh. She loved traveling, going to the beach to watch the sunset, and dancing with her niece, Aubrey. This scholarship seeks to honor the memory and incredible legacy of Kalia D. Davis by supporting students who share her work ethic, kindness, ambition and drive to excel in life.
- Living Loving Laughing Learning Legacy
- Any high school senior or undergraduate student who has at least a 3.0 GPA, sports experience, and volunteering or community service experience may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us about yourself and how this scholarship would help you.
Deadline: April 20, 2024