Who Can Apply: In 1995, the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association Education Foundation, known as KCDMAEF, was established as an entity independent of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association. The mission of the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The Kansas City Direct Marketing Association (KCDMA) provided the initial funding for the Jack Schmid Scholarship and will continue to build its general fund through fund-raising event(s), memorial gifts, and gifts from individuals or companies interested in the future of direct marketing in Kansas City.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited Degree or Certification Program in the greater Kansas City region.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan for the fall 2023 semester with a course or series of courses relating to the practice of marketing.
- Provide proof of previous scholastic achievement proving a minimum 3.0 grade point average or equivalent mastery of marketing concepts and practice.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Complete scholarship application to the KCDMA Jack Schmid Scholarship Fund (c/o GKCCF.com) by May 15.
Submission: Essay- please explain your thoughts regarding the marketing issues: a. Explain the importance of direct marketing in today’s society. b. What do you think the direct marketing industry will be like in the next 10 years? c. Your expectations for applying your direct marketing knowledge upon graduation d. Your special qualifications as a Scholarship Applicant
Deadline: May 15, 2024