Who Can Apply:
- Eligible participants for scholarships must be natural, adopted or step-children of Arizona workers permanently or fatally injured as a result of a work-related accident or occupational disease. Other relatives of the deceased/injured worker are not eligible.
- Children ages 16 through and including 25 years of age are eligible. Eligible age is age determined based on age of recipient at the time of the request to the Board.The injury/illness death must have occurred as a result of work activities performed on behalf of an Arizona employer. However, neither the student applicant nor the injured worker is required to be a current resident of the State of Arizona, nor attend school in AZ.The work-related injury, occupational disease or death from which the applicant’s parent suffered must be deemed to be compensable by the insurance carrier, self-insured employer or third-party administrator. Compensability can be determined through Notice of Claim Status, Award from an Administrative Law Judge, Appellate or Supreme Court; or through Stipulation filed with the industrial Commission of Arizona.The parent’ s injury/death must have resulted in a substantial decline in the family’s income, which impedes the student child’s pursuit of his or her educational objectives.
- New Applicant Application
- High School Transcript showing cumulative GPA
- 2 Letters of recommendation (not from relatives)
- Information on injured or deceased parent
- Verification of school attendance and course schedule
- Estimated cost of registration, tuition, text books, living expenses and other costs.
- One-page letter outlining educational goals and the need for financial assistance
- Financial information including the e application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or a current year’s SAR (Student Aid Report)
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Learn More: https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/a0D1R00000jWyDvUAK