Who Can Apply:
- The Lawrence W. and Francis W. Cox Scholarship may be presented annually to one undergraduate civil engineering student, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of a worthy student in any civil engineering discipline.
- At the time of application the individual must be a student in an ABET accredited program in civil engineering or related field. Applicants must be a student member of the Society and in good standing at the time of application and award.
- The scholarship may be awarded only to those students who will continue their formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
- Previous recipients of these scholarships are eligible to apply in any succeeding competition for these awards provided the other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: Complete applications are to be submitted to the ASCE Honors and Awards Program office for receipt by February 10 of the year of award. Applications must include (1) completed application form; (2) personal essay which shall be no more than 500 words and shall highlight why the applicant wishes to become a civil engineer, specific ASCE Student Chapter involvement, and long term goals and plans; (3) detailed annual budget; (4) official transcripts; (5) minimum of 2 sealed recommendation letters, 1 of which must be from a faculty member; and (6) 1-page resume.
Deadline: February 10, 2022