Who Can Apply: Each year the Louisiana CPA Educational Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers at least one scholarship, valued at up to $1,000, to a qualifying accounting major enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral program at a Louisiana university.
Scholarships are made possible by contributions received from members of the Society of Louisiana CPAs and other donors and are awarded in the spring. Must be a current LCPA Student or Candidate Affiliate and meet all other eligibility requirements to apply.
- Current Student or Candidate Affiliate in the Society of Louisiana CPAs.
- Currently enrolled in an accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed (verification may be required).
- Enrolled in a post-graduate/masters accounting course when the application is filed and be a full-time student (enrolled in 12 semester hours or its equivalent).
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall.
- Unofficial AND Official transcripts through the 2022 summer semester.
- One-page essay, double-spaced, addressing the question provided.
- Two reference letters: one letter must be from a current faculty member and the second from a licensed CPA or other person (non-relative or non-educator) who can attest to your character and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
Deadline: December 30, 2022