Who Can Apply:
- The student has, or is planning to have, a declared fitness or nutrition related major at an accredited college/university in Kentucky.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time (12 hours) at the undergraduate level OR, for incoming freshman, must have accepted admission with plans of enrolling full time.*
- Maintenance of a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be of African/African American descent.
- Past recipients are eligible to receive the scholarship again, but must complete the application procedure and be selected.
- Complete the online application form and accompanying materials by the application due date. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Include a current resume.
- Include a transcript that indicates your cumulative GPA.
- Include a double-spaced, typed essay about your career interests and professional goals and why fitness/health is important to the community. (Your essay must be approximately 500 words in length in a 12-point font.)
- Include a letter of recommendation. The letter should attest to your involvement in fitness related activities and organizations, and their perception of the student’s future contributions to fitness and health as a part of their career.
- Include proof of enrollment from your colleges registrars or admission office.
Deadline: June 16, 2023