Who Can Apply:
- Maureen C. Pace was a beloved wife, mother, and grandmother who passed away on March 18th, 2023.
- As a registered nurse, Maureen dedicated her life to helping and caring for others, serving as Head Nurse of the Emergency Room, the Director of Nursing, and ultimately the Chief Operating Officer of Mount Vernon Hospital. Maureen went on to become the Director of Clinical Services of Putnam Hospital Center where she spearheaded an Integrative Health Suite to offer alternative therapies to breast cancer patients.
- Maureen was passionate about improving the quality of patient care and raising hospital standards by bringing innovative technology to nursing professionals. She loved her community, volunteered with local organizations, including driving cancer patients to their appointments, sharing her own story and providing a compassionate shoulder to lean on.
- This scholarship aims to honor the incredible life of Maureen C. Pace by supporting the next generation of change-making nurses as they pursue higher education.
- Any undergraduate or graduate nursing student in New York who has a 3.0 GPA or higher may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us what inspired you to study nursing, what you hope to achieve, what impact you plan to make, and how you’ll carry on Maureen’s values and passion for the profession of Nursing.
Deadline: July 20, 2023
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/maureen-c-pace-memorial-nursing-scholarship/