Who Can Apply:
- This SHRM Foundation award is named in honor of Michael R. Losey, who served the HR profession for more than 45 years, retired as president and CEO of SHRM in 2000, and is the author of Touching People’s Lives: Leaders, Sorry or Joy (SHRM, 2017).
- A single award of $50,000 is presented annually during SHRM’s Volunteer Leader Business Meeting. The SHRM Foundation encourages nominations of academics with a significant body of work in the field of HR research.
The award recognizes significant past and ongoing contributions to HR research. To be eligible, the nominee must engage with the HR practitioner community, and provide a portfolio of work that reflects a variety of research outputs, including substantial or sole contributions to books, chapters in books, and articles in refereed journals such as:
- Human Resource Management (HRMJ)
- Journal of Management (JOM)
- Journal of Applied Psychology (JAP)
- Academy of Management Journal (AMJ)
- Personnel Psychology (PP)
- A summary of the nominee’s significant past and continuing research contributions related to the HR profession, including the focal point of the nominee’s research
- A description detailing why the individual is being nominated
- A complete list of all publications and significant speaking engagements
- A statement that highlights the nominee’s work with HR practitioners
Deadline: March 8, 2023