Who Can Apply: “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss
- If Mike Braem ever had a motto for his life, this would be it. He smiled and laughed his way through every moment of life. His life tells a story of adventure, perseverance, loyalty, and love.
- Mike Braem served as a law enforcement officer for over 20 years in Kern County, California. Throughout these years, he dedicated himself to hard work and impacted the lives of everyone he met, all while making the most of every moment. He created a brotherhood of friendships and established trust with all those he met…even the “bad guys” liked Officer Braem.
- He loved fully and deeply, and truly believed that every relationship had purpose. He also believed wholeheartedly that everyone deserves a second chance in life. He not only gave many people second chances during his career, he counseled them and befriended them, allowing them to learn from their mistakes and move forward in life in a more positive direction.
- It makes his family smile to know how much he impacted those around him.
- This scholarship aims to honor Mike and preserve his legacy by supporting students who are pursuing a law enforcement career that changes lives.
Submission: To apply, please answer the following questions:
1. How will you impact the lives of those in your local community as Officer Braem did?
2. Who inspired you to pursue a career in law enforcement?
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Learn More: https://bold.org/scholarships/mike-braem-memorial-scholarship/