Who Can Apply: The NC Diversity and Equity in Emergency Medicine Scholarship Fund was created by Wake Emergency Physicians, PA and Mid-Atlantic Emergency Medical Associates out of a desire to increase the number of underrepresented minorities in the medical field, specifically in emergency medicine. Scholarships are awarded to second year MD or DO students or first-year Physician Assistant students who identify as underrepresented minorities and are attending school in North Carolina or at Meharry Medical College in TN.
- Students must be in their second year of an MD or DO program or their first year of a PA program.
- Students must be enrolled in programs in North Carolina OR at Meharry Medical College.
- Students must self-identify as an underrepresented minority in the medical field based on the UNC System definition*.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Preference for students specializing in emergency medicine.
Deadline: March 1, 2024