Who Can Apply: The Never Forgotten Fund was established in 2001 by iHeartMedia, Inc. (formerly Clear Channel) at The Denver Foundation to honor the lives of the 13 victims at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Twelve students and one teacher died that day. The contributions they would have made to the world were lost as well. It is hoped that the recipients of this scholarship will carry on the legacy of these individuals by making a positive and lasting impact in the world.
Each year 12 graduating high school seniors and one teacher are selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship award. Each participating school is encouraged to nominate one student to apply for final consideration for a scholarship award. Columbine High School should nominate at least four students.
- Be graduating from a participating high school during the current academic year
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. (unweighted) of at least a 3.0
- Have a strong record of school and community involvement
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university full-time for the upcoming academic year
Deadline: March 1, 2024