Who Can Apply: Established in December of 2001, the North Carolina American Indian Fund is a collaborative effort of North Carolina American Indian tribes and organizations. It was established in response to an understanding that resources for meeting the human and economic needs are limited, including scholarship assistance, funding for community based health, human services, education programs, and tribal organization infrastructure.
Recognizing that gaps in funding for education needs put Indian communities at risk in many areas, education was selected as the first priority to address these critical gaps. The North Carolina American Indian Fund Scholarship program will assist American Indian students in obtaining higher education by providing scholarships to students who demonstrate a commitment to the American Indian community, extracurricular and volunteer involvement, financial need, and academic success.
- Minimum GPA: 2.0
- Residency Requirements: Residents of North Carolina
- High School Restrictions: None
- Plan of Study Restrictions: None
- Be high school seniors or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution in the state of North Carolina
- This scholarship is restricted to American Indian students with current tribal enrollment. There is a preference for NC-state recognized tribe members.
Deadline: March 1, 2024