Who Can Apply:
- The Once Upon a #BookTok scholarship is crafted to recognize and support students who have been influenced by this digital literary movement. In a time largely dominated by screens and digital content, there is a thriving community of people all over the world who have committed to reading more books and building community around that.
- Whether you’ve discovered a hidden gem through a recommendation you found on #BookTok, engaged in debates about character arcs, or found comfort in a story that was trending on the platform, #BookTok has undeniably shaped the reading journeys of many.
- We invite you to dive deep into books that gained traction on #BookTok to create your ideal bookshelf. Whether you’re a casual reader or an avid bookworm, if #BookTok has impacted your literary choices, we want to hear your insight.
- If you need some help getting started, here are some things to consider when writing your response: As you build your ideal bookshelf, consider plots, characters, themes, and writing style. Reflect on which elements might have struck a chord with you and the #BookTok community. Was it a character’s relatability, a captivating plot twist, or perhaps a universal theme? Do you have a personal connection to this book? Share your experiences, emotions, and any changes in perspective the book might have inspired. Dive into how #BookTok amplified the book’s message. Were there unique video trends or challenges that further propelled its popularity?
- Students from all educational backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship operates on a rolling deadline. However, the sooner you submit your application, the higher your chances of being considered. Don’t hesitate—apply now and move one step closer to seizing this unique opportunity!
Submission: Describe your ideal bookshelf inspired by #BookTok recommendations. Which titles are must-haves, and how have those titles impacted the #BookTok community?
Deadline: October 23, 2023