Who Can Apply: Oracle Women in Leadership seeks to recognize one outstanding student who shows potential to excel in college STEM studies by awarding a one-time, $1,500 scholarship to a deserving female active-duty military college student pursuing a STEM degree. This $1,500 scholarship will be applied towards the students ongoing higher-level academic education at an accredited Community College or four-year college or university.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Must be a woman.
- Be enrolled in an accredited Community College or four-year college or university.
- Be a well-rounded student who shows an aptitude for STEM subjects and excels in overall academic studies.
- Be in good standing with the college/university with a minimum 2.8 unweighted GPA.
- Students must major in a STEM-related area of study in support of the mission of AFCEA.
- Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include:
- astronomy, biometry/biometrics, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence and telecommunications engineering.
- Completed Application: In addition to basic information, there are several short-answer questions.
- Official Transcript:with completed courses and grades including grades from the Fall 2022 semester. Submit electronically through school to firstname.lastname@example.org. If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send official document to the AFCEA address listed below to arrive by the deadline date.
- One Letter of Recommendation: from the applicant’s Commanding Officer or a Professor at the school. Have your references submit their letters of recommendation in pdf form via email to email@example.com
- DD214 or current service paperwork showing OCO service: Do not submit with SSN. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: May 31, 2023