Who Can Apply:
1. An official grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Must be classified as a college freshman at the time of application and enrolled full time at any accredited college or university with preference given to students at HBCU’s.
3. A 500-word personal essay that describes the legacy of Ralph Ellison and his impact on the world today.
4. Applicants are required to complete the FAFSA and demonstrate an unmet financial need as verified by the financial aid office of your institution.
5. Student must be a Literature/English or Music Major.
6. Student Application and a Reference Form must be submitted by the deadline.
Submission: A recommendation form from a professor is required to complete this application. The reference form must be completed through the online application system by the application due date of May 2, 2022. Emailed letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Deadline: May 2, 2022