Who Can Apply: As Ruby Ennis Maynard encouraged and aided her own children to pursue education for career goals and personal fulfillment, so shall this scholarship created in her honor aid deserving, mature women to fulfill their educational goals. The Ruby Ennis Maynard Scholarship provides educational opportunities to single mothers or female heads of household in Chatham, Durham, Orange, Wake, or Onslow counties with a desire to improve their skills to succeed in their current career or to change careers. The scholarship encourages women to strive to improve their lives, and consequently the lives of their children, through education.
- Be single mothers or female heads of household
- Be residents of Chatham, Durham, Orange, Wake, or Onslow counties
- Be high school graduates and enrolled in an undergraduate degree or certificate program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate a desire to improve skills to succeed in their current career or change careers
Deadline: March 1, 2024