Who Can Apply:
- The Samuel Fletcher Tapman ASCE Student Chapter Scholarships may be presented annually to not more than 12 undergraduate civil engineering students, who will use the scholarship for their sophomore, junior or senior tuition expenses and fees.
- The purpose of the scholarship is to further the education of worthy students in any civil engineering discipline.
- At the time of application the individual must be a student in an ABET-accredited program in civil engineering or related field, a member of his/her local ASCE Student Chapter, and a Student Member of the Society in good standing at the time of application and award. No more than one application may be submitted from the membership of any 1 Student Chapter.
- The scholarships may be awarded only to those students who will employ them to continue their formal undergraduate education in a recognized educational institution.
- Previous recipients may apply for consideration in succeeding competitions provided all other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
Submission: Complete applications are to be submitted to the ASCE Honors and Awards Program office for receipt by February 10 of the year of award. Application must include (1) completed application form; (2) statement by the applicant of the reasons believed to justify an award to him or her, as well as plans for continuing his/her formal education; (3) detailed annual budget; (4) official transcript; (5) resume; and (6) minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one which must to be completed by the Student Chapter Faculty Advisor and at least one letter from one other member of the faculty.
Deadline: February 10, 2022