College Scholarships News #12
We’ve got some great opps for your today — big and small. You’ve got a whole weekend ahead of you, so why not sit down, fill out a few applications and whip up a couple of essays. Who couldn’t use several thousand dollars more for college?
The OP Loftbed Company is awarding a $500 scholarship to the student who answers their questions best. Unlike many other scholarships, OP doesn’t discriminate based on your GPA, involvement in the community, or even your writing skills. They just want to read original, creative answers to the following questions (these may vary from year to year):
- What personal characteristics are most important to you in a Presidential candidate and why?
- Some psychologists say all families are dysfunction to a degree. What makes your family dysfunctional?
- If you could be a living advertisement for any product or company, what product or company would you choose?
- Nike has “Just Do It.” Larry the Cable Guys has, “Git-R-Done!” What is your life motto?
Sounds like fun, right? The kitty isn’t huge, but $500 will buy a semester’s worth of books (or more if you buy second hand!) The application must be mailed on time (see website for deadline).
2. SGNA RN General Education Scholarship: $2,500
Are you studying to be a Registered Nurse? If so, the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) has a $2,500 scholarship for any student in an accredited nursing program. You must be a full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0. To apply, you must complete an application, write a short essay and include a letter of recommendation along with a transcript of your coursework. Applications are due by deadline stated on the website; the recipient will be notified.
3. Military & Veterans Benefits Law Scholarship: $2,000
If you’re a second or third year law student *and* a member or veteran of the U.S. military service, then you might be able to win a $2,000 scholarship from the Military and Veterans Benefits Scholarship Program. If you’re interested, you have to write a short (2-4 paragraph) essay. Submit your essay and complete your application on line. See website for deadline.
We love celebrating success stories, so please be sure to leave us a comment if you land a scholarship from one of our scholarship listings.