Who Can Apply:
- Each new challenge in life requires strength and perseverance on the climb toward success. When climbing, you have to take one step at a time: this is the case for both literal climbing and in life. The climb might not always be fast, and it certainly isn’t easy, but achieving your goals and dreams doesn’t happen without effort.
- The Sean Allen Memorial Scholarship will support a student who enjoys literal climbing – rock climbing or otherwise – and simultaneously makes the climb in their everyday life to make the world a better place.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in climbing are eligible to apply. In your application, write about where your interest in climbing came from and how this scholarship will help you on your educational journey.
- On June 16, 2020 Sean wrote in his gratitude diary, “I am grateful for the joy of climbing. It really gives me a lot of confidence and enjoyment, and a sense of value. It Makes me happy and I am grateful that I get to do it.
- Sean died mountaineering in the Olympic mountains at the age of 38.
Submission: Tell us about how you became interested in climbing and how this scholarship will help you as you pursue higher education.
Deadline: June 17, 2024