Who Can Apply:
- Many students are deterred from seeking a college education due to the rising costs of a degree.
- Student loan debt has reached a record $1.7 trillion in the United States alone. There are 45 million Americans who hold student loan debt, and the increasing costs of tuition and housing will only increase the number of students who turn to loans to finance their education.
- The educational picture is even worse in West Virginia, which has the lowest rate of college-educated people in the United States.
- As one small way to support education in West Virginia, the Spirit of West Virginia Scholarship exists to inspire students to prioritize their education and to alleviate some of the financial burden of their pursuit.
- Any high school senior who attends school in West Virginia may apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us what being a West Virginian means to you or how growing up in West Virginia has impacted your worldview.
Deadline: March 15, 2024