Who Can Apply:
- Over 44 years of ministry, Pastor Stephen Boardman served 5 churches in Indiana and Ohio. He often preached about how lives were more than just the date we were born and the date we passed- it is what is included in that dash between the dates. Pastor Steve made the most of his dash.
- Born into a Christian home, it wasn’t until he was a Freshman at Marion College (now Indiana Wesleyan University) where Steve committed his life to Christ. He had planned to become a history teacher, but God led him into the ministry instead.
- Steve was a committed Christ follower, godly Husband, and role model for his children, grandchildren, and each of his congregations.
- Steve passed on November 8th, 2018 after battling pancreatic cancer, while bravely showing the world the hope he had in heaven.
- The goal of this scholarship is to support first generation undergraduate students, in Ohio or Indiana, to attend a four year college or university.
Submission: To apply, please write a brief essay regarding your faith, how it’s impacted your high school experience, and how you plan to continue to grow your faith through your college experience.
Deadline: April 17, 2023