Who Can Apply:
- Among the diverse career opportunities available to students, hospitality is among the most fulfilling. Those in this career field participate in a welcoming workplace environment to provide exemplary service and nurture a positive experience for those around them.
- Sylvester Taylor has over 40 years of experience in the Hospitality Industry, with 28 of those years spent at Walt Disney World Resort in Hospitality. His most rewarding roles were Certified Meeting Planner and Wine Sommelier in Convention Services.
- He believed in celebrating outstanding service as he was awarded Disney’s Top Casting Scout for three consecutive years. Fostering authenticity and friendliness throughout his career was exceptionally important to him. His talents did not go unrecognized, as he has left an impact that others will feel for years to come.
- “Invictus,” the name of Sylvester’s favorite poem, encouraged others to shape their future despite the odds that might discourage them. To honor his legacy, The Sylvester Taylor “Invictus” Hospitality Scholarship seeks to reward a student pursuing a career in the hospitality and food service industry.
- All High School Seniors, Undergraduate, Trade School, and Graduate school students from Florida are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Submission: To apply, tell us a bit about yourself and how this scholarship will help you.
Deadline: April 24, 2023