Who Can Apply:
- The American Association of State Troopers Foundation, Inc. accepts scholarship applications from the dependents of trooper members for assistance with their post-secondary education expenses. Dependents are defined as: child by natural birth, child legally adopted, stepchild, or child raised as a member’s own (claimed as a dependent on income tax).
- For a student to be eligible, their AAST member parent must have been a member in good standing for two (2) consecutive years prior to the July 31 application deadline for the year the student is applying. Students can be eligible to apply each year for a total of four scholarships.
• An original, official transcript indicating a minimum 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale) at an accredited school.
• HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS must submit a final four-year high school transcript. If your transcript does not indicate your grades for all four years of high school, it will not be considered.
• COLLEGE STUDENTS must submit a current official college transcript indicating all grades earned through the current year which you are applying.
• A letter of acceptance from an accredited college, state university, community college or technical school for the upcoming academic year.
• A typed essay of 500 WORDS entitled “How My Education Will Advance My Career Plans.”
• A small photo of applicant attached to the bottom of the application where indicated.
Deadline: July 31, 2023